Nextdoor is committed to aligning the use of AI technology with its values and mission. Here are the principles to which we strive to abide as we deploy generative AI:
• Transparency: Nextdoor will ensure that users drafting content with the support of generative AI are fully informed about how and when to use it. By providing this information, we hope to empower users to make conscious decisions about how they use this technology.
• Privacy: Nextdoor prioritizes user privacy in how we design, develop, and implement generative AI technologies. This includes ensuring that user data shared with third-party partners (including AI technology providers) is protected by legally enforceable agreements and that our privacy representations to users are respected and protected.
• Safety: Nextdoor will prioritize user safety in the design, development, and deployment of any generative AI technologies. This includes proactively identifying and mitigating potential risks associated with these technologies, such as the spread of misinformation or harmful content.
• Accountability: Nextdoor’s generative AI technologies will all have human oversight to ensure system supervision. We are committed to ethical, responsible innovation in the deployment of generative AI and the prioritization of user safety.
• Inclusivity: Nextdoor will strive to ensure that all generative AI technologies used on the platform are inclusive and do not perpetuate biases or discrimination. This includes testing systems for bias and taking steps to address any issues that arise.